Longview Transit's Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
Longview Transit and the City of Longview have established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. Longview Transit and the City of Longview have received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, Longview Transit and the City of Longview have signed an assurance that we will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
1. To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
2. To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
3. To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5. To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts;
6. To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE Program.
Longview Transit and the City of Longview will never exclude any person from participation in, deny any person the benefits of, or otherwise discriminate against anyone in connection with the award and performance of any contract covered by 49 CFR Part 26 on the basis of race, color, sex, or national origin.
In administering its DBE program, Longview Transit and the City of Longview will not, directly or through contractual or other arrangements, use criteria or methods of administration that have the effect of defeating or substantially impairing accomplishment of the objectives of the DBE program with respect to individuals of a particular race, color, sex, or national origin.
Longview Transit and the City of Longview's overall goal for the following time period 2015-2017 is the following: 2.5% of the Federal financial assistance we will expend in DOT-assisted contracts representing prime contracting opportunities exclusive of FTA funds to be used for the purchase of transit vehicles. We estimate that, in meeting our overall goal of 2.5%, we will obtain 2.5% (or 100%) from race-neutral participation.
908 Pacific Avenue, Suite 200
Longview, Texas 75602